Helping children and adults with disabilities lead productive, happy lives.
Ability Center of Virginia provides superior programs and services to support the needs of individuals with different abilities throughout Hampton Roads. ACVA is a family, where EVERYONE is welcome, no one is ever turned away. The programs provide a wide range of activities that encourage community inclusion, personal independence, healthy life choices, and social skill development.
The Board of Directors is composed of consumers, parents and business leaders. The Board and staff are a dynamic network of individuals committed to the following purposes:
- To ASSURE the rights and entitlements of persons with disabilities;
- To EQUIP and enable individuals with cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities to attain the fullest possible employment, productivity and participation in an integrated community;
- To SUPPORT freedom of choice by assuring multiple options in daily living;
- To PROVIDE a continuity of quality human services;
- To IMPROVE living conditions in all circumstances;
- To PRESENT factual material for the awareness and understanding of all segments of the public;
- To INVOLVE persons with cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities in decision-making processes affecting their lives; and
- To MOBILIZE human and financial resources to accomplish the above.